Adeleke declares curfew in Orolu, Irepodun LGAs over land dispute



.Averted plane crash:  Aircraft engines likely tampered with, says Gov. spokesman

Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke has imposed a curfew on Orolu and Irepodun local government areas as communal clash on land dispute ensues between Ifon and Ilobu communities.

According to him, the curfew was directed to enforce law and order in the affected communities.




This was contained in a notice by the Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Kolapo Alimi on Sunday.



The statement read, “curfew will start between the hours of 8pm every night, and 6am in the morning. Human and vehicular movement is hereby restricted during the curfew till further notice.



“This is to forestall attempts of destruction of lives and properties during this period, because of the land dispute.



“Anyone caught wandering or moving around in Irepodun and Orolu local governments during the curfew period will be arrested and prosecuted appropriately.”



Adeleke sued for peace between the two local governments, and urged that the ethos of peace, love and unity which the state is known for, be imbibed.


Meanwhile, Spokesperson to Governor Ademola Adeleke of Osun, Olawale Rasheed has  said that there are strong indications that the two engines involved in the aircraft of the governor were tampered with before boarding.



Rasheed confirmed and reacted to the averted plane crash through a press statement on Sunday.



The governor’s aide noted that the aircraft was technically and maintained with the best technical crew and was never an unused platform where birds could build nests.



According to him, the near fatal incident was averted shortly after boarding and less than two minutes after commencement of taxing on the tarmac.



He continued, “Contrary to the claim by the hanger owner that  birds’ nests caused the incident, birds’ nests are made with straws not bidding wires as in this case.



“An early warning noise from the engines immediately prompted the pilots to direct evacuation of the passengers. Everything happened within five minutes.



“Early reports from internal investigation indicated sabotage. But  the authorities, locally and internationally, are still investigating the incident.”



Rasheed, however assured the public that Adeleke and his aides are safe and there was no injury or any outward explosion on the plane.



“The Governor expressed his deep appreciation to well wishers and supporters who have been calling since the report of the incident. Mr Governor is hale and hearty,” he stated.